An experience of success and innovation
ARED's expertise in strengthening community leadership has earned it the demand of many national and African organizations, but also management in Senegal and other countries in the sub-region such as Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso, Benin, Guinea, Chad, Mauritania and Togo. ARED has trained officials from the ministries of these countries in the fields of pastoralism, natural resource management, active research methods. ARED also supported them in the implementation of training manuals adapted to their environment and context.
- Training, consolidation and capacity-building of literacy teachers (14 textbooks)
- Consolidation and capacity building of leaders of organizations and local elected officials (5 guides)
- Using MARP tools in research, analysis and planning (5 guides)
- Organization for the Management and Protection of Natural Resources (2 manuals)
- Strategies for conflict prevention and management in the community through capacity-building (2 manuals)
- Training on pastoralism in the Sahel (Animation guides and supplementary manuals)
- Challenges of decentralization, essential information relating to voting in the context of decentralization policy (6 manuals).
We provide 20 to 100 hour training in rural and peri-urban communities.
The training offered by ARED is divided into modules. Each module contains numerous guides that promote user capacity building. By taking a given training, the beneficiary will notice positive changes in his daily behavior.
Each training course is based on a manual in the language of learning. ARED strives to form heterogeneous groups: young people aged 15 to 30 and adults aged 40 to 70, both men and women.
In total, ARED has carried out more than 480 training activities for community leaders, trainers, teachers, local elected officials, members of civil society organizations, pastors…
- Training, consolidation and strengthening of literacy skills. (14 textbooks in Pulaar are published);
- Consolidation and capacity building of leaders of organizations and local elected officials (5 guides in Pulaar);
- Use of MARP tools in research, analysis and planning (5 guides already published in Pulaar);
- Organization of the management and protection of natural resources (2 manuals published in Pulaar);
- Strategies for the prevention and management of conflicts within the community by strengthening the capacities of the populations (2 textbooks in Pulaar are available);
- Training on pastoralism in the Sahel (animation guides and supplementary manuals in Pulaar and French);
- Issues of decentralization, essential information relating to voting in a context of decentralization policy (6 textbooks in Pulaar).